Renishaw has launched FixtureBuilder 3D-modelling software to create fixturing set-ups, and assist with documentation and off-line programming
FixtureBuilder is a 3D-modelling software package designed to allow the off-line creation and documentation of fixturing set-ups.
The software can be used with a CAD model of the part to be inspected, which is imported into FixtureBuilder, so that the fixture can be built around it. The entire set-up, along with the part, can then be exported into inspection programming software, using universal file formats such as: IGES, SAT, STEP, etc..
FixtureBuilder offers a wide range of customer benefits, derived from Renishaw's outstanding understanding of metrology best practice and part inspection.
FixtureBuilder offers unparalleled ease of use thanks to:
- Clear and well-organised component libraries;
- Intelligent ‘Drag and drop' functionality;
- Quick manipulation of parts;
- And easy-to-use constraint mechanism.
User experience is further enhanced by the software's full CAD compatibility and the availability of custom libraries.
The ‘Build it' function is one of the key benefits available to all FixtureBuilder users. It automates the production of work instructions and Bill of Materials for every fixture set-up, to help ensure compliance with quality standards and assist with product ordering.
The software is available to all existing and future Renishaw customers to complement and further improve the productivity of their Renishaw fixtures and other inspection equipment. It is available for purchase through the Renishaw distribution network as well as the Renishaw Web shop. A free demo is also available.
For further information on Renishaw's fixturing products, visit www.renishaw.com/fixtures
- News release: FixtureBuilder software [50kB]
- FixtureBuilder software - TriBall function [465kB]
- FixtureBuilder software - fixturing setup [510kB]
- FixtureBuilder software - export file formats [95kB]
- FixtureBuilder software - drag and drop functionality [468kB]
- FixtureBuilder software - an example of BuildIt assembly instructions [360kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.