Renishaw is an environmentally conscious and responsible company.
Our environmental responsibilities both for our operations and our product range are important to us as a company, our customers and shareholders. We take these responsibilities seriously and are constantly working to ensure we minimise our impacts as far as possible.
Group Environmental Policy
The corporate environmental policy is an integral part of Renishaw's business strategy. The responsibility for managing and maintaining the policy lies with the Board of Renishaw plc.
To carry out this commitment, it is Renishaw's policy to strive to ensure that all aspects of the business have the least harmful effect on the environment by implementing an environmental management system to:
- Be fully aware of all environmental legislation and ensure that regulatory requirements are met and, where feasible, improved upon.
- Monitor the implementation of the policy by carrying out periodic audits of compliance and, when appropriate, introduce remedial measures.
- Ensure all employees, in the course of their duties, act in accordance with the environmental policy. Encourage suppliers, contractors and vendors to act in accordance with our environmental standards.
- In addition, areas of particular attention within the business will be the selection of non-polluting technology, waste minimisation, reuse/recycling and the reduction of energy consumption.
- Renishaw also makes a positive environmental contribution in the local community by encouraging open communication, general environmental awareness and the promotion of community projects.
Product environmental compliance
The effect on the Renishaw Group of the EU RoHS Directive, the China Ministry of Information Industry. Order No39 - 'Measures for the Administration of the Pollution Control of Electronic Information Products' (known as China RoHS), the EU REACH Directive and our approach to Conflict Minerals are detailed in the following statements.
Information required by Article 33(1) of Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 (“REACH”) relating to products containing substances of very high concern (SVHCs) is available at www.renishaw.com/REACH.